Bangkok National Museum was initially settled by King Rama V around the private assortment of ancient pieces of his dad King Rama IV (Mongkut).
The National Museum is on the grounds of the previous Wang Na, the “Front Palace” which was worked for the bad habit ruler, a kind of crown sovereign (Thailand has no law of primogeniture).
The lord generally named his very own successor, who was regularly his sibling instead of his child). The post was disposed of by Rama IV and the National Museum was set up in the previous castle in 1887.
In 1874, King Rama V requested the foundation of the primary open gallery at the Concordia Pavilion inside the Grand Palace to display the illustrious assortment of King Rama IV, and different objects of general intrigue.